Canada manufacturing sales for April
- manufacturing sales -2.1 versus -1.1% estimate
- prior month -3.5%
- Sales fell in 11 of 21 industries.
- Much of the decline was attributable to lower sales of transportation equipment and petroleum and coal products
- machinery industry posted the largest sales gain followed by wood product and chemical industries.
- Manufacturing sales declined in five provinces led by Ontario. Alberta posted the largest increase
- Ontario sales fell -5.5% was the lowest since June 2020
- Nova Scotia sales felt -14.8%
- Alberta sales rose 6.5%, the eighth consecutive increase in the highest level since May 2019
Touch / Click anywhere to close
This article was originally published by Forexlive.com. Read the original article here.